BackupPC is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up Linux, Windows and macOS PCs and laptops to a server's disk. BackupPC is highly configurable and easy to install and maintain.
The latest release is 4.4.0, released on June 20, 2020.
- Web interface allows administrators to view log files, configuration, current status and allows users to initiate and cancel backups and browse and restore files from backups.
- Data deduplication: Identical files across multiple backups of the same or different PCs are stored only once resulting in substantial savings in disk storage and disk I/O.
- Compression: Since only new files (not already pooled) need to be compressed, there is only a modest impact on CPU time.
- Open-source: BackupPC is hosted on Github, and is distributed under a GPL license.
- No client-side software is needed.
- And more...
BackupPC has extensive online documentation. Documentation for the older 3.x version 3.3.2 is here.